The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Britain's Duchess of Cornwall handles first solo engagement as stand-in for Prince Charles
LONDON - Britain's royal family says the Duchess of Cambridge has handled her first solo duties since her wedding to Prince William — acting as a last-minute stand-in for father-in-law Prince Charles at a charity dinner.
The young royal hosted an event Wednesday night in aid of In Kind Direct, a charity supported by the heir to the British throne, at London's Clarence House.
St. James's Palace said Thursday the duchess had been "delighted to be able to step in" and greet the 30 guests attending the reception.
Charles had travelled to Saudi Arabia for the state funeral of crown prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud.
William and the duchess plan to travel to Denmark next week to visit a U.N. centre that distributes emergency supplies to East Africa.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 12 articles for today)7:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Jennifer Aniston: Justin will shoot me if I have surgery
- Gwen Stefani wants to 'disappear' from her children
- Sober tweeter Anna Kendrick
- Victoria Beckham gets son pierced
- Lorde flirts with porn star
- Angelina Jolie wants to learn to cook for Brad
- Rihanna's granddad crashes record label meeting
- Michael Lohan marries Kate Major
- Ariana Grande 'shocked and upset' by Bette Midler criticism
- Fergie teaches son about Christmas
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Bette Midler slams 'silly' Ariana Grande
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Reese Witherspoon defends Renee Zellweger
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google