Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Harper defies odds, brain cancer vanishing
NEW YORK -- Valerie Harper's doctor says the actress' brain cancer is getting close to remission.
The 74-year-old former sitcom star had announced in March that she had an incurable form of cancer and was given as little as three months to live. She's still here -- and working, hired for a TV movie that filmed this month.
Dr. Jeremy Rudnick said on NBC's Today show that Harper has defied the odds. But he says the problem is that Harper's prognosis can change at any time.
He and Harper agree that life is about buying time.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 31, 2013 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 16 articles for today)6:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Matchmaker mother Kelly Clarkson
- Ed Sheeran reveals he wore a girdle
- Kelly Osbourne quits 'Fashion Police'
- Jennifer Lawrence slams rumours
- Ne-Yo needs three hat houses
- Molly Sims's cravings have painful side effects
- Fergie was broke before Peas' hits
- Proud dad Ian Ziering
- Taylor Swift: I'll still be single at 30
- Ryan Gosling gets new tattoo?
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital
- Gwyneth Paltrow steams her vagina
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Geraldine McEwan dies aged 82
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
Ads by Google