Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Hasty Pudding Man of the Year is Kiefer Sutherland
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Golden Globe-winning actor Kiefer Sutherland has been named Man of the Year by Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatricals.
Sutherland will be roasted and receive his ceremonial pudding pot at a ceremony scheduled for Friday.
The 46-year-old Sutherland has been in dozens of films but is perhaps best known for his role as Jack Bauer in the television series 24, for which he won Golden Globe and Primetime Emmy awards. He is currently starring in the television show Touch.
Last year's Man of the Year was Jason Segel.
The 2013 Woman of the Year, Marion Cotillard, was honoured last week.
Hasty Pudding Theatricals is the nation's oldest undergraduate drama troupe.
The awards are presented annually to performers who have made a lasting and impressive contribution to entertainment.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition February 6, 2013 D2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 9 articles for today)1:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Khloé Kardashian 'terrified' about losing Lamar Odom
- Jerry Hall slams surgery
- Kim Kardashian West wants Beyonce to be her neighbour
- Big Sean 'happy' he split from Naya Rivera
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson given exclusive previews of Fifty Shades of Grey
- Zelda Williams gets tattoo in memory of late father
- Uma Thurman didn't want boring kids
- Lupita Nyong'o $15k dress found
- Taylor Swift: I'll still be single at 30
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
- 'Parks and Recreation' writer-producer Harris Wittels dies at 30; drugs suspected
- Julianne Moore: My children give me purpose
Ads by Google