Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Kate Gosselin sues ex-husband over tell-all book
PHILADELPHIA -- Former reality TV star Kate Gosselin filed a lawsuit Monday accusing her ex-husband of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
Jon Gosselin accessed email, bank accounts and other private information for a book called Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World, according to the federal lawsuit.
The 2012 book was written by Jon Gosselin's friend and business partner, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but pulled from the market after two days because the information had been illegally obtained, the lawsuit said.
"Jon violated a federal anti-hacking statute in order to publish salacious, scandalous and defamatory information about Kate," said her lawyer, A. Jordan Rushie. "It's damaged her reputation."
The couple starred in the TLC show Jon & Kate plus 8, detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
The lawsuit accuses Jon Gosselin of identity theft, wiretapping and invasion of privacy and seeks unspecified damages. A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message. Hoffman is also named as a defendant. He did not immediately return an email message sent through his website.
Even beyond their acrimonious divorce, the Gosselins have been embroiled in a series of legal problems over the past few years.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 27, 2013 C2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 20 articles for today)1:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Ariana Grande 'shocked and upset' by Bette Midler criticism
- Nicole Kidman wants four more kids
- Jennifer Aniston: Justin will shoot me if I have surgery
- Eva Mendes won't embarrass baby
- Rihanna's granddad crashes record label meeting
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins Dancing with the Stars
- Benedict Cumberbatch wants new title for fans
- Angelina Jolie wants to learn to cook for Brad
- Tori Spelling wants to display breast implants
- Susan Boyle: Catholic upbringing has made me single
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Bette Midler slams 'silly' Ariana Grande
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Reese Witherspoon defends Renee Zellweger
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google