Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Kate Gosselin sues ex-husband over tell-all book
PHILADELPHIA -- Former reality TV star Kate Gosselin filed a lawsuit Monday accusing her ex-husband of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
Jon Gosselin accessed email, bank accounts and other private information for a book called Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World, according to the federal lawsuit.
The 2012 book was written by Jon Gosselin's friend and business partner, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but pulled from the market after two days because the information had been illegally obtained, the lawsuit said.
"Jon violated a federal anti-hacking statute in order to publish salacious, scandalous and defamatory information about Kate," said her lawyer, A. Jordan Rushie. "It's damaged her reputation."
The couple starred in the TLC show Jon & Kate plus 8, detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
The lawsuit accuses Jon Gosselin of identity theft, wiretapping and invasion of privacy and seeks unspecified damages. A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message. Hoffman is also named as a defendant. He did not immediately return an email message sent through his website.
Even beyond their acrimonious divorce, the Gosselins have been embroiled in a series of legal problems over the past few years.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 27, 2013 C2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)10/1/2014 10:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Amber Rose 'caught Wiz Khalifa cheating on her with twins'
- Anne Hathaway messed up by fame
- Amanda Bynes thrown out of school
- Amal Alamuddin wanted 'Mr. Perfect'
- Miley Cyrus cheers up tattoo-hating brother
- Victoria Beckham saves dress for daughter
- Ben Affleck wanted 3D nudity
- Amal Alamuddin: Our wedding was romantic and elegant
- Lena Dunham felt 'ashamed' after date rape
- Isla Fisher is pregnant
- Brad Pitt was great first boyfriend
- Demi Moore offers Ashton Kutcher baby help
- George Clooney gave photo to guests
- Beyonce suffers on-stage wardrobe malfunction
- Hugh Jackman's wife slams 'lucky' tag
- Jennifer Lopez in drunk-driving crash
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's white wedding
- Carrie Underwood: Pregnancy news still sinking in
- Amber Rose had cheating suspicions
- Billy Crystal breaks down at Robin Williams' memorial
- Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger to split?
- No more blackjack for Affleck
- Zsa Zsa Gabor: Joan Rivers 'deserved' to die
- Joan Rivers leaves fortune to dogs
- Taylor Swift reveals female singer sabotaged Red tour
- Ireland Baldwin's girlfriend Angel welcomed into family
- Bruce Jenner files divorce response
- Paris Jackson sparks pregnancy rumours
- Lindsay Lohan: I rolled Whitney Houston's body bag
- Joan Rivers' secret suicide plan after dementia diagnosis
Ads by Google