Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Kate Gosselin sues ex-husband over tell-all book
PHILADELPHIA -- Former reality TV star Kate Gosselin filed a lawsuit Monday accusing her ex-husband of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
Jon Gosselin accessed email, bank accounts and other private information for a book called Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World, according to the federal lawsuit.
The 2012 book was written by Jon Gosselin's friend and business partner, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but pulled from the market after two days because the information had been illegally obtained, the lawsuit said.
"Jon violated a federal anti-hacking statute in order to publish salacious, scandalous and defamatory information about Kate," said her lawyer, A. Jordan Rushie. "It's damaged her reputation."
The couple starred in the TLC show Jon & Kate plus 8, detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
The lawsuit accuses Jon Gosselin of identity theft, wiretapping and invasion of privacy and seeks unspecified damages. A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message. Hoffman is also named as a defendant. He did not immediately return an email message sent through his website.
Even beyond their acrimonious divorce, the Gosselins have been embroiled in a series of legal problems over the past few years.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 27, 2013 C2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)11/24/2014 12:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Justin Theroux warned by future father-in-law
- Lily Allen didn't enjoy sex before Sam
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Beyoncé and Jay Z 'newlyweds' at Solange's wedding
- Benedict Cumberbatch's hope for new fiancee
- Zayn Malik ready to quit One Direction
- Ryan Reynolds' 'scary' father
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Taylor Swift's midriff mystery
- Katherine Heigl sorry for her 'crappy impression'
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Kim Kardashian West buying island?
- Blake Lively's best pal is envious of Ryan Reynolds
- Bruce Jenner lucky to be alive after crash
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google