Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Katherine Jackson tells jury she wants the truth
LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson's mother told jurors Friday that she is suing the promoter of her son's ill-fated comeback concerts to find out the truth about his death.
Katherine Jackson, 83, said it's been difficult to listen to some of the testimony about her son during a 12-week trial, saying she's a private person by nature.
"I leave the spotlight for my children," she said.
"A lot of the things that have been said are not the truth," Katherine Jackson said. "He's not here to speak for himself."
The Jackson family matriarch sued AEG Live LLC, claiming it failed to adequately investigate the doctor convicted of giving her son an overdose of anesthetic in 2009.
She has been a courtroom fixture, sitting in the front row of the courtroom as witnesses have described her son's creativity and interactions with AEG Live executives.
AEG denies it hired Jackson's doctor or bears any responsibility for the singer's death.
Katherine Jackson said she would do her best to speak for Michael Jackson during her testimony Friday.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition July 20, 2013 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 16 articles for today)6:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Matchmaker mother Kelly Clarkson
- Ed Sheeran reveals he wore a girdle
- Kelly Osbourne quits 'Fashion Police'
- Jennifer Lawrence slams rumours
- Ne-Yo needs three hat houses
- Molly Sims's cravings have painful side effects
- Fergie was broke before Peas' hits
- Proud dad Ian Ziering
- Taylor Swift: I'll still be single at 30
- Ryan Gosling gets new tattoo?
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital
- Gwyneth Paltrow steams her vagina
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Geraldine McEwan dies aged 82
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
Ads by Google