Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Today in Music History
In 1871, the Royal Albert Hall in London was opened by Queen Victoria.
Born This Day
Eric Idle, 1943
Chad Allen, 1943
Terry Jacks, 1944
Annabella Sciorra, 1960
Amy Sedaris, 1961
Elle MacPherson, 1964
Lucy Lawless, 1968
WSO with Imaginary Cities, Royal Canoe, Nathan and the Lytics, 8 p.m. Tickets at 204-949-3999.
Classical Music Showcase
Land's End Ensemble, Antiphony Choir, Isabel Bayrakdarian, James Campbell, James O'Callaghan, Serouj Kradjian and Stewart Goodyear. Saturday, 1 p.m., Eckhart-Gramatté Hall, U of W.
Charlie Hope, Gary Rasberry, Helen Austin, Marie-Claude and Splash 'N Boots, 9:30 a.m., Manitoba Children's Museum. Tickets $18.
Latka, Sons of York, the Ripperz, Dr. Rage & The Uppercuts, 10 p.m., 112 Osborne St. Tickets $15.
Exchange Event Centre
Leonard Sumner, Amanda Rheaume, George Leach, Inez Jasper and A Tribe Called Red, 9 p.m., 291 Bannatyne Ave. Tickets $15.
Rayannah, Sierra Noble, Mike Rud and Donovan Woods, Saturday, 8 p.m., Folk Exchange, 2013-211 Bannatyne Ave. Tickets $15.
Le Garage Café
Justin Lacroix, Chez Willi, Les Surveillantes, marijosée, 10 p.m., 166 Provencher Blvd. Tickets $15.
Metropolitan Event Centre
Atlaas, Les Jupes, the Treble, Chic Gamine and Moses Mayes, Saturday, 9 p.m., 281 Donald St. Tickets $15.
DJ Co-op, DJ Hectic, DJ Hunnicutt, Jamil, DJ Lonnie Ce, and DJ Zuke with Jacynthe, Rich Kidd and more, 10 p.m., 160 Osborne St. Tickets $15.
Take Me to the Pilot, Distances, Teenage Kicks, the Flatliners and Pigeon Park, Saturday, 9 p.m., 698 Osborne St. Tickets $15.
JPNSGRLS, Glorious Sons, Rich Aucoin, Mounties and Mahogany Frog, 9 p.m., 176 Fort St. Tickets $15.
Shannon's Irish Pub
The Mariachi Ghost, RasTamils, Lemon Bucket Orchestra, 10 p.m., 175 Carlton St. Tickets $15.
Times Change(d) High and Lonesome Club
Eagle Lake Owls, 100 Mile House, Red Moon Road and Sweet Alibi, 8 p.m., 234 Main St. Tickets $15.
West End Cultural Centre
The Bros. Landreth, Del Barber, Autumn Hill and the Strumbellas, 8 p.m., 586 Ellice Ave. Tickets $15.
Keith and Renée, Desiree Dorion, Small Town Pistols and Leanne Person, 436 Main St. Tickets $15.
David Gogo, Romi Mayes, James Buddy Rogers and Sol James, 9 p.m., 187 Garry St. Tickets $15.
Union Sound Hall
Megan Bonnell, No, Reuben and the Dark, and the Darcys, 10 p.m., 110 Market Ave. Tickets $15.
Northern Elms, the Civil Disobedients, Loco and Dreadnaut, 10 p.m., 160 Osborne St. Tickets $15.
Cedit, Hyems Be Gone Winter!
St. Andrew's River Heights United Church, 7:30 p.m. Tickets $8 and $15 at the faculty office, 65 Dafoe Rd.. 204-474-9310 or at the door.
Jeff Presslaff CD Release
Neil Bardal Centre, 3030 Notre Dame Ave., 8 p.m. Tickets $10 at the WJO website or Bardal's, 204-949-2200.
RMTC Mainstage, to April 5. Tickets start at $25 at 204-942-6537 or mtc.mb.ca
Manitoba Theatre For Young People, to April 11. Tickets $16.50 at 204-942-8898.
Le Dieu du carnage
Le Cercle Molière, 340 Provencher Blvd., 8 p.m. and April 1-5; April 8-12. Tickets $16 to $30 at 204-233-8053.
K Trevor Wilson
Rumor's Comedy Club, to April 5. Tickets at 204-488-4520.
Winnipeg Contemporary Dancers: Crutch
Rachel Browne Theatre, 8 p.m. and April 3-5; March 30, 3 p.m. Tickets $15 to $25 at Ticketmaster or at the door.
Out & About
Encore for World's Best Commercials
Winnipeg Art Gallery, 7 p.m. with 1 and 3:30 p.m. matinees March 29. Tickets $12 and $14 at wag.ca or front desk.
Festival of Fools
The Forks Market, to April 6, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; free.
An Afternoon with Music Legend Randy Bachman
McNally Robinson Booksellers, 2 p.m. In conversation with Howard Manshein of 92 Citi-FM & signing Tales from Beyond the Tap.
Fame Night Club (279 Garry St.): She Said Saturdays Aqua Girl Womyns Night
Finn's Pub (210-25 Forks Market Rd.): Hudsy
Highway 75 Blues & Sports Bar (1011 Pembina Hwy.): The Detonators
King's Head Pub & Eatery (120 King St.): Kristen Dohan
La Salle Hotel (346 Nairn Ave.): The Bryan James Band
New Cavalier Motor Inn (1650 Regent Ave. W.): The Bobcats
Norwood Hotel (112 Marion St.): Pop Vegas
Palm Room (Fort Garry Hotel, 222 Broadway): Don Milne and Brian Paul
Pony Corral (Grant Park): Mike and the Eastwood Gang
Regal Beagle Pub (Marlborough Hotel): Goth Industrial Night
Rockwood Anavets (341 Wilton St.): Da Party
Royal George Hotel (123 Regent Ave. W.): Dustin Harder & The Dusty Roads Band
Saffrons Restaurant & Lounge (681 Corydon Ave.): Karaoke with Jacqui Fox
Ship & Plough Gastropub (42 Centre St., Gimli): Carey J. Buss
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 29, 2014 G11
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 12 articles for today)7:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Jennifer Aniston: Justin will shoot me if I have surgery
- Rihanna's granddad crashes record label meeting
- Angelina Jolie wants to learn to cook for Brad
- Ariana Grande 'shocked and upset' by Bette Midler criticism
- Victoria Beckham gets son pierced
- Gwen Stefani wants to 'disappear' from her children
- Nicole Kidman wants four more kids
- Kristen Bell donates $91.5k of baby supplies
- Lorde flirts with porn star
- Eva Mendes won't embarrass baby
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Bette Midler slams 'silly' Ariana Grande
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Reese Witherspoon defends Renee Zellweger
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google