Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Lohan in different rehab after walking out Thursday
LOS ANGELES -- Lindsay Lohan has checked into a rehab and will not face a probation violation for leaving another treatment facility after a few minutes, a prosecutor said Friday.
Santa Monica chief deputy city attorney Terry White said he has received confirmation that Lohan has checked in to a rehab facility and he is satisfied with her location. He declined to say where Lohan is receiving treatment, but a source close to the actress who was not authorized to speak publicly said she has checked in to the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif.
She is required to spend 90 days in rehab as part of a plea deal in a misdemeanour case filed after a June car accident.
Lohan has also re-hired longtime attorney Shawn Holley to handle her case. White said he was in contact with Holley on Thursday evening after hours of uncertainty about the actress's whereabouts.
Attorney Mark Jay Heller told a judge during a hearing Thursday that Lohan had checked in to a different rehab facility, but the starlet left it after a few minutes.
White was given several days to investigate that facility, which a state official said was not licensed to perform residential drug or alcohol rehab treatment. He said Superior Court Judge James R. Dabney will be updated on Lohan's location, but that it may not require a formal hearing.
Lohan's sentence called for her to spend three months at a lockdown rehab facility and also receive 18 months of psychotherapy to avoid a return to jail.
She pleaded no contest in March to lying to police and reckless driving.
Lohan has spent time at Betty Ford before. She served another mandatory rehab sentence at the treatment centre, although her stay there was not without drama. Lohan, 26, got into an altercation with a rehab worker and within weeks of her release was charged with taking a necklace from a Los Angeles jewelry store without permission.
Lohan remains on probation in the theft case.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 4, 2013 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)11/24/2014 12:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Justin Theroux warned by future father-in-law
- Lily Allen didn't enjoy sex before Sam
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Beyoncé and Jay Z 'newlyweds' at Solange's wedding
- Benedict Cumberbatch's hope for new fiancee
- Zayn Malik ready to quit One Direction
- Ryan Reynolds' 'scary' father
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Taylor Swift's midriff mystery
- Katherine Heigl sorry for her 'crappy impression'
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Kim Kardashian West buying island?
- Blake Lively's best pal is envious of Ryan Reynolds
- Bruce Jenner lucky to be alive after crash
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google