Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Miley working hard to get time to enjoy being engaged
LOS ANGELES -- Miley Cyrus is working hard to finish her new album so she can take some time off to enjoy being engaged.
The 19-year-old entertainer plans to marry Hunger Games star Liam Hemsworth. They announced their engagement in June but haven't revealed their wedding date.
"I am married in my heart and my mind. I do everything that I would be if I had the paper, but I want to take the time to actually enjoy it," Cyrus said.
"My most important thing right now is ... I want people to hear what I want to say and get my record out, so when there is a time that I can take some time off, I'll feel like I accomplished my stuff," she said. "Then I can take a break and just enjoy being married for a little while."
So until then, Cyrus is busy working, promoting her film So Undercover, due in February, and wrapping up her album, though no title or release date have been announced.
Cyrus says she doesn't stray too far from her country roots on the new record, but the songs are more hip-hop inspired.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition November 10, 2012 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)2:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kelly Osbourne had to quit Fashion Police
- Jerry Hall slams surgery
- Kim Kardashian West wants Beyonce to be her neighbour
- Faith Hill's pre-Oscars neck surgery
- Nikki Reed + Ian Somerhalder's light-hearted dispute
- Taylor Swift: I have enemies
- Lupita Nyong'o's stolen dress thrown over balcony
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Uma Thurman didn't want boring kids
- Khloé Kardashian 'terrified' about losing Lamar Odom
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital
- Vanilla Ice 'in a mess'
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
- 'Parks and Recreation' writer-producer Harris Wittels dies at 30; drugs suspected
- Julianne Moore: My children give me purpose
Ads by Google