Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
One Day at a Time mom Bonnie Franklin dies at 69
NEW YORK -- Bonnie Franklin, the pert, redheaded actress who won fame as a divorced mom on the long-running sitcom One Day at a Time, has died.
Family members say she died Friday due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.
Her family had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.
Though she already had stage and TV credits, One Day at a Time made her a star with its première in 1975. She played a divorced single mother raising two teenage girls, co-stars Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips.
The series ran on CBS for nine seasons, spending most of them as a Top 20 hit.
Franklin's recent credits include appearances on The Young and the Restless and the TV Land comedy Hot in Cleveland, which reunited her with Bertinelli, one of that show's regulars.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 2, 2013 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)11/25/2014 10:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Gwen Stefani wants to 'disappear' from her children
- Jennifer Aniston: Justin will shoot me if I have surgery
- Sober tweeter Anna Kendrick
- Victoria Beckham gets son pierced
- Lorde flirts with porn star
- Michael Lohan marries Kate Major
- Angelina Jolie wants to learn to cook for Brad
- Rihanna's granddad crashes record label meeting
- Fergie teaches son about Christmas
- Ariana Grande 'shocked and upset' by Bette Midler criticism
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Bette Midler slams 'silly' Ariana Grande
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google