Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Painter Kinkade died from accidental overdose
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Officials are confirming that artist Thomas Kinkade died from an accidental overdose of alcohol and prescription tranquilizers.
The Santa Clara County Medical Examiner-Coroner's Office said Tuesday the self-described "Painter of Light" died April 6 due to a combination of ethanol and Diazepam intoxication, or in common terms, alcohol and the tranquilizer often marketed as Valium.
Before his death, the 54-year-old Kinkade produced sentimental scenes of country gardens and pastoral landscapes that he sold in a nationwide chain of galleries.
In recent years, however, he had run into personal difficulties, including a 2010 bankruptcy filing by one of his companies.
His brother Patrick Kinkade did not immediately return a call seeking comment Tuesday, but has said the painter battled alcoholism and had relapsed before his death at his Monte Sereno home.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition May 9, 2012 D2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 20 articles for today)7:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kelly Osbourne had to quit Fashion Police
- Jerry Hall slams surgery
- Kim Kardashian West wants Beyonce to be her neighbour
- Nikki Reed + Ian Somerhalder's light-hearted dispute
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Faith Hill's pre-Oscars neck surgery
- Lupita Nyong'o's stolen dress thrown over balcony
- Taylor Swift: I have enemies
- Khloé Kardashian 'terrified' about losing Lamar Odom
- Uma Thurman didn't want boring kids
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
- 'Parks and Recreation' writer-producer Harris Wittels dies at 30; drugs suspected
- Julianne Moore: My children give me purpose
Ads by Google