Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Priestley helping Tim's design new doughnut
TORONTO -- Vancouver-born celebrity Jason Priestley will help Tim Hortons pick the winner of a contest its launched asking Canadians to design a new doughnut.
The competition offers a $10,000 grand prize to the person who designs its next pastry, using a website and Facebook page dubbed "Duelling Donuts."
Priestley had a cameo in an episode of the sitcom How I Met Your Mother last February that played on the idea of a Canada obsessed with Tim Hortons.
The episode featured a faux documentary where Priestley bragged about his role in the creation of a new doughnut called "The Priestley." Tim Hortons later made the doughnut by stuffing a chocolate Timbit inside a strawberry-vanilla doughnut.
Tim Hortons says it hopes to find similarly original doughnut ideas, asking the public to try to beat "The Priestley."
Priestley and a panel of other judges will choose eight finalists from the entry pool, open until July 21, before the public votes on a winner in August.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition June 25, 2013 D2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 28 articles for today)7:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Tori Spelling wants to display breast implants
- Tom Hanks' son Chet reveals cocaine addiction
- Nicole Kidman wants four more kids
- Alan Cumming tells people he's a porn star
- Eva Mendes won't embarrass baby
- Alfonso Ribeiro wins Dancing with the Stars
- Lorde mistaken for Taylor Swift's manager
- Kanye West delays flight and doesn't say sorry
- Party-pooper Pharrell Williams
- Ariana Grande 'shocked and upset' by Bette Midler criticism
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Bette Midler slams 'silly' Ariana Grande
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Taylor Swift's midriff mystery
- Robin Williams' son: We're doing OK
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Shades of grey
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google