Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Today in Music History
In 1972, British rocker Rory Storme and his mother committed suicide by taking overdoses of sleeping pills. Storme and his Hurricanes were the biggest group on the Liverpool scene before the success of the Beatles. Ringo Starr was the Hurricanes' drummer.
Born This Day
Randy Bachman, 1943
Clara Hughes, 1972
Avril Lavigne, 1984
WSO: Sci-Fi Spectacular
Centennial Concert Hall, to Sept. 29, 8 p.m. featuring host George Takei. Tickets at 204-949-3999.
West End Cultural Centre, 8 p.m. with Lawrence Lee (Matt Foster of the Crooked Brothers); $12 and $17.
Theatre Incarnate presents Maple Route
Colin Jackson Studio, PTE, 3rd Floor Portage Place, to Sept. 28, 8 p.m. Admission $18.
Out & About
To Oct. 5, U of Winnipeg's large visual art collection. Visit uwinnipeg.ca/artsfest
Thin Air: Winnipeg International Writer's Festival
To Sept. 28, www.thinairwinnipeg.ca/
Various venues, to Sept. 29, Call 204-942-8221 or go to mb.culturedays.ca/en
Concert Series with Wendy Liebman
Rumor's Comedy Club, to Sept. 28. Tickets at 204-488-4520.
McNally Robinson Booksellers, 7 p.m. Launch of Four on the Floor: One-Act Stage Comedies.
Canadiana Hotel (1400 Notre Dame Ave.): Crackin Foxy
The Cavern (112 Osborne St., downstairs): Mobina Galore and Shred Kelly
Club Regent Casino (1425 Regent Ave. W.): Jason Petric
Finn's Pub (210-25 Forks Market Rd.): Brent Parkin
Highway 75 Blues & Sports Bar (1011 Pembina Hwy.): Chet Breau
Jeffrey's Lounge (1420 Henderson Hwy.): Mother Groove
King's Head Pub & Eatery (120 King St.): Nooners
Manwin Hotel (655 Main St.): Nenah Barkley
Marion Hotel (393 Marion St.): Equal Loudness Curve
Mirrors (1975 Portage Ave.): Jukebox Heroes
New Cavalier Motor Inn (1650 Regent Ave. W.): Bobcats
Nicolette Inn (632 Lafleche Rue): Geoff Erickson
Norwood Hotel (112 Marion St.): The Blast Caps
Ozzy's Bar & Nightclub (160 Osborne St.): Readmix
Palm Room (Fort Garry Hotel, 222 Broadway): Rick Boughton with Dave Lawton
Pony Corral (Grant Park): Mike And The Eastwood Gang
Pony Corral Pier 7 (1700 Pembina Hwy.): Pepe Cortes
Prairie Ink McNally Robinson (Grant Park Shopping Centre): Grace Hrabi Trio
Pyramid Cabaret (176 Fort St.): For The Love of Lucille
Rockwood Anavets (341 Wilton St.): Ricki Redbone & The Flashbacks
Silver Spike (202 Bond St.): Rockbox
South Beach Casino (Scanterbury, Manitoba): Free Ride
Tavern United MTS Centre (260 Hargrave St.): Dave Stelter
Tavern United Transcona (826 Regent Ave.): Neal Pinto
Times Change(d) High & Lonesome Club (Main St. & St. Mary Ave.): JD Edwards Band, Blake Berglund
Windsor Hotel (187 Garry St.): Steve Bates
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition September 27, 2013 D5
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 21 articles for today)5:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Justin Theroux warned by future father-in-law
- Jennifer Aniston disses Kim Kardashian West's nude photoshoot
- Lily Allen didn't enjoy sex before Sam
- Amber Heard 'unhappy' with Johnny Depp
- Beyoncé and Jay Z 'newlyweds' at Solange's wedding
- Benedict Cumberbatch's hope for new fiancee
- Kourtney Kardashian hints at Scott Disick split
- Zayn Malik ready to quit One Direction
- Taylor Swift's midriff mystery
- Selena Gomez 'emotional' ahead of American Music Awards
- Katherine Heigl sorry for her 'crappy impression'
- Kim Kardashian West adoption girl has no regrets
- Kelsey Grammer slammed by ex-wife
- Carrie Underwood learned baby news at dinner
- Richard Gere set for expensive divorce
- Kanye West 'obsessed' with Kim's photoshoot
- Michael Phelp's girlfriend was a boy
- Kim Kardashian West buying island?
- Blake Lively's best pal is envious of Ryan Reynolds
- Bruce Jenner lucky to be alive after crash
- Team Ghomeshi or Team CBC? It's impossible to take sides
- Jessie J: Fame is hard
- Streisand confirms couple still together
- Matthew McConaughey loves face cream
- Shades of grey
- Nicole Scherzinger feels lost
- Elle Macpherson happy about being 50
- Kim Kardashian West's photos 'were tampered with'
- Brooke Shields regrets Andre Agassi marriage
- Priscilla Presley: Elvis was the 'real deal'
Ads by Google