Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Van Dyke seeking help for 'cranial throbbing'
LOS ANGELES -- Dick Van Dyke is seeing doctors for an undiagnosed health problem, and he's seeking advice online as well.
"My head bangs every time I lay down," the 87-year-old actor posted on his Twitter account. "I've had every test come back that I'm perfectly healthy. Anybody got any ideas?"
Bob Palmer, a spokesman for Van Dyke, said Thursday that the actor is undergoing tests for "cranial throbbing" that's causing him to lose sleep. The sensation occurs when Van Dyke lies down, and scans and other tests have yet to yield a diagnosis, Palmer said.
Van Dyke drew a number of responses to his tweet for help Wednesday, including questions about what's been done so far for the problem he described as stubborn.
"It has been going on for seven years. I've had every test you can think of," he replied, including an MRI and spinal tap.
Van Dyke has a strong constitution and is otherwise OK, but the "fatigue factor has become acute," Palmer said. Until he receives a diagnosis and treatment plan he's been advised not to fly, and is resting at his Malibu home.
He was to accept an award next week from New York's 92nd Street Y but cancelled the trip.
Van Dyke's credits include The Dick Van Dyke Show and Diagnosis Murder.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition April 20, 2013 G2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for today)7:15 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Selena Gomez snubs Justin Bieber roast
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Kelly Osbourne quits 'Fashion Police'
- Christopher Plummer 'didn't want to' go to the Oscars
- Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake are leaving LA
- Jennifer Lawrence slams rumours
- Kelly Clarkson's husband is her first love
- Ariana 'almost died' on stage in malfunctioning lift
- Leonard Nimoy has died
- William Shatner leads tributes to Leonard Nimoy
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- Theo James reads every day
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital
- Gwyneth Paltrow steams her vagina
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Geraldine McEwan dies aged 82
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
Ads by Google