Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION

Wagner refuses interview in reopened Wood case

  • Print

LOS ANGELES -- A sheriff's detective says actor Robert Wagner has not consented to an interview in a renewed inquiry into the drowning death of his wife Natalie Wood more than 30 years ago.

Lt. John Corina said that detectives have interviewed more than 100 people in the re-investigation of Wood's 1981 death. Many of them hadn't been previously interviewed by investigators.

Corina says multiple attempts to interview Wagner have been rebuffed or gone unanswered. He says detectives even travelled to Colorado at one point to try to interview him.

An attorney for Wagner and his family says they have co-operated with authorities over the last 30 years and have nothing new to add to the investigation.

Detectives began re-investigating Wood's death in November 2011. A review by coroner's officials resulted in Wood's cause of death being changed to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

-- The Associated Press

Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 19, 2013 G2

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Weekend springtime weather with Doug Speirs - Apr 19

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • Hay bales sit under a rainbow just west of Winnipeg Saturday, September 3, 2011.(John Woods/Winnipeg Free Press)
  • MIKE.DEAL@FREEPRESS.MB.CA 100615 - Tuesday, June 15th, 2010 The Mane Attraction - Lions are back at the Assiniboine Park Zoo. Xerxes a 3-year-old male African Lion rests in the shade of a tree in his new enclosure at the old Giant Panda building.  MIKE DEAL / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

Do you agree with the suspensions levied against three bantam hockey players for abusing game officials?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google