Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Who says you shouldn't sleep your way to the top?
NEW YORK -- Actress Tilda Swinton is performing the art of sleeping at New York City's Museum of Modern Art.
A museum spokeswoman says the Moonrise Kingdom star presented her one-person piece called The Maybe on Saturday.
In The Maybe, Swinton lies sleeping in a glass box for the day. The exhibit will move locations within the museum every time Swinton performs.
There is no published schedule for the piece, which will occur about a half dozen more times through the end of the year.
Swinton first performed the piece at the Serpentine Gallery in London in 1995. In 1996, she performed it in the Museo Barracco in Rome.
She won an Oscar in 2008 for best supporting actress for her role in Michael Clayton.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 26, 2013 C2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 20 articles for today)7:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Kelly Osbourne had to quit Fashion Police
- Jerry Hall slams surgery
- Kim Kardashian West wants Beyonce to be her neighbour
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Nikki Reed + Ian Somerhalder's light-hearted dispute
- Faith Hill's pre-Oscars neck surgery
- Lupita Nyong'o's stolen dress thrown over balcony
- Taylor Swift: I have enemies
- Khloé Kardashian 'terrified' about losing Lamar Odom
- Uma Thurman didn't want boring kids
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
- 'Parks and Recreation' writer-producer Harris Wittels dies at 30; drugs suspected
- Julianne Moore: My children give me purpose
Ads by Google