Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Yoko thankful McCartney over grudge
NEW YORK -- Yoko Ono says she's thankful Paul McCartney appears to have gotten over his grudge against her.
McCartney, in a recent Rolling Stone interview, said he's getting along fine with the widow of John Lennon, his old songwriting partner. The bad feelings had gone back decades, to when the Beatles were falling apart and other group members resented the appearance of Lennon's new girlfriend in the recording studio.
McCartney said that time was a great healer and thought that "if John loved her, there's got to be something. He's not stupid." He said once he decided to let go of his grudge that they've been getting along fine.
Ono, in an interview with The Associated Press, said Wednesday it was good to hear those words from McCartney and "I'm very thankful."
"I never felt too bad about Paul," she said. "He was my husband's partner and they did a great job and all that. They seemed to have a lot of fun, and I respected that."
Some of the bad feelings had persisted in the post-Beatles years, as Ono was a regular partner in business affairs surrounding the group after Lennon's death in 1980 -- perhaps most notably when McCartney expressed a desire to change songwriting credits to "McCartney-Lennon" instead of "Lennon-McCartney" for some of the songs most associated with him.
McCartney told Rolling Stone he admires Ono's work. She's still making and releasing new music at age 80, like McCartney is at age 71.
Said McCartney: "She's badass."
"Well, he's a rocker," Ono said.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition November 1, 2013 D2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 20 articles for today)7:15 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Jerry Hall slams surgery
- Kim Kardashian West wants Beyonce to be her neighbour
- Kelly Osbourne had to quit Fashion Police
- Khloé Kardashian 'terrified' about losing Lamar Odom
- Nikki Reed + Ian Somerhalder's light-hearted dispute
- Big Sean 'happy' he split from Naya Rivera
- Uma Thurman didn't want boring kids
- Lily Cole announces she's pregnant
- Taylor Swift: I have enemies
- John Travolta explains gaffe
- David Duchovny's ex wants to 'throttle him'
- Ellie Goulding: Cara's boobs are my best friends
- Joan Rivers snubbed in Oscars' In Memoriam segment
- Madonna's comedy plans
- Kardashian family agree 100m deal
- Lady Gaga in proposal prank
- 'Violent' seizures for Houston's daughter
- Sharon Osbourne's Oscars rant
- Jennifer Lopez slipped on dress
- As Whitney Houston's daughter remains hospitalized, haunting parallels emerge
- Charlie Hunnam doesn't trust iCloud
- Bruce Jenner involved in 'fatal' car accident
- Stephen Fry 'proud' of public's reaction to his marriage
- Theo James reads every day
- Will Smith bans kids from hanging out with Jenners
- Gordon Ramsay embarrassed by daughter
- Bruce Jenner's mother confirms he's transitioning into woman
- 'Parks and Recreation' writer-producer Harris Wittels dies at 30; drugs suspected
- Julianne Moore: My children give me purpose
Ads by Google