Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 3/12/2013 (1242 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
LOS ANGELES -- The movie studio that makes the Fast & Furious action franchise said Tuesday it was suspending production of the latest instalment, while authorities pressed ahead with their investigation into how Paul Walker died.
The Los Angeles County coroner's office said autopsies were underway on the two bodies recovered from the fiery crash of a Porsche that Walker, a star of the mega-hit movies, and his friend were last seen riding in.
Walker's publicist has said the actor was the passenger when Roger Rodas' Porsche Carrera GT crashed into a light pole and tree, then exploded in flames Saturday.
The families of both men have provided dental records, which will permit not only formal identification of the bodies, but also official word on whether Walker or Rodas was behind the wheel.
Walker starred in all but one of the six Fast & Furious blockbusters. He had been on break from shooting the latest instalment; Universal Pictures said Tuesday that production of Fast & Furious 7 is on hold. A spokesman declined to say when shooting would resume.
A large portion of the film has been shot, but it is not yet complete. It's scheduled for release in July. Universal Pictures has not announced how it will adjust the movie or handle Walker's unfinished performance.
While the neighbourhood where the crash happened is known to attract street racers, law enforcement officials do not believe the Porsche had been racing another car.
-- The Associated Press