Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Jackson show, Wainwright coming to city in new year
A musical biography of Michael Jackson promises to resurrect the music and memories of the "King of Pop" on April 13 at the MTS Centre.
Michael Jackson HIStory encompasses the musical life of Jackson, from his early years fronting the Jackson 5 in the 1960s to his solo pop heyday in the '80s and '90s. Jackson will be portrayed on stage by Kenny Wizz, who has been deemed the best Jackson impersonator in the world.
Featuring a live band, choreographed dancers and authentic costumes, the show has been touring South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and South Asia since 2011.
Tickets range in price from $79.25 to $99.75 and will go on sale Monday, March 4 at 10 a.m. at all Ticketmaster outlets or at www.ticketmaster.ca
-- -- --
An altogether different -- and still living -- member of a musical family will also be playing Winnipeg in the new year. Martha Wainwright, sister to Rufus Wainwright and daughter of Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle, returns to the city for a Jazz Winnipeg-sponsored show at the West End Cultural Centre on Saturday, March 2.
The singer/songwriter is touring in support of her new CD Come Home To Mama, her third studio album and her first collection of original music in four years. Tickets are $25 advance and $30 at the door and go on sale Wednesday at 10 a.m. at jazzwinnipeg.com, by phone at 204-989-4656 or in person at the Jazz Winnipeg office or Into The Music.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 18, 2012 D2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 6 articles for today)7:49 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Presidential performance
- Drug trial of ex-'X Factor' judge collapses over claim reporter known as 'Fake Sheik' lied
- Ryan Adams in town Oct. 12
- Death at B.C. music festival prompts security concerns from concertgoer
- Weird Al Yankovic thriving again, but says he might not make any more albums
- Dirty Daddy: Bob Saget comes clean about sullying himself with tell-all memoir
- Fred Eaglesmith, Fast Romantics, coming to town
- Celine Dion says husband Rene Angelil doing well in recovery from cancer
- Shania Twain to wrap 2-year Las Vegas residency December; announces 16 new shows
- Toronto-bred Magic! singer confident that hit single 'Rude' just the beginning
- Getting drenched in the rain part of Countryfest experience
- Bublé delivers slick show
- Thicke as a brick
- Countryfest: community-focused
- Folk festival attendance down
- Rowdy, pardner
- Early birds seek Folk Fest camping sites
- Raitt brings legendary chops to festival opener
- Daylong rain doesn't stop final-day Folk Fest sparks
- Presidential performance
Ads by Google