NAfro Dance Productions presents PATANA III
The Gas Station Theatre will be the venue for an evening of percussion, chants and highly energetic African inspired movement as well as rhythm driven choreographies. NAfro's Artistic Director Casimiro Nhussi will present his new work “There is room for one more dance” and his solo dance “Xilongo” (shilongo) which was premiered in Maputo Mozambique in August 27th, 2011. Under the unity of the PATANA banner Charmaine Headley, the Co-founder for Toronto's African-Caribbean dance company COBA, will also present her new work “Portage”. The venue will be filled with 64 African hand drums “djembes”, and at the top of the evening, the audience will be given the opportunity to play and chant along with NAfro's leading musicians Jay Stoller and Casimiro Nhussi. Hang onto your seats; this is going to be an incredible event!
- Gas Station Arts Centre
- 445 River Ave.
- Saturday, November 5, 2011 from 8:00 PM to 9:15 PM
- Theatre & Arts > Dance
- Tickets: (PRICES ARE CDN)
- $20 adult, $18 senior and students, $12 children under 12
- Available at the Gas Station Arts Centre prior to the event(cash only), online at www.nafrodance.com and cash at the door on the night of the event.
- More Information:
- 284-9477 | email@example.com
Ads by Google