Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 24/1/2014 (832 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
250 ml (1 cup) sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
15 ml (1 tbsp) smooth apricot jam
300 ml (1º cup) flour
5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
Pinch of salt
30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
15 ml (1 tsp) vinegar
125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
250 ml (1 cup) cream
125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) water, orange juice, sherry or brandy
1. Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in jam.
2. Sift dry ingredients together 3 times.
3. Melt the butter and add the vinegar and milk.
4. Alternately fold the dry ingredients and milk mixture into the egg mixture.
5. Pour into a medium grease ovenproof dish and bake at 180 C (350 F) for 45 minutes.
6. Melt the sauce ingredients together and pour over pudding as soon as it comes out of the oven.
7. Pierce pudding with a fork to aid absorption.