Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/12/2012 (1378 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
EVERY holiday season I love to feature five of the fabulous fashion finds for guys that I have come across over the past year. These have ranged from locally made wares to designer trends and have run the gamut in price.
But this year I thought it would be nice to switch it up a bit with my picks at three affordable price points, because no matter what your budget is, there’s a fabulous fashion item out there just waiting to be enveloped in pretty wrap and shiny ribbon.
$20 and under
- Woven leather cuff — A classic fashion accessory for decades, the leather cuff has made a bit of a comeback recently and makes a great gift or stocking stuffer.
- Cabin & Cub lapel or tie pin — I adore the Cabin & Cub collection of etched bamboo accessories. These fun little pins come in all sorts of outdoorsy prints and can inject a little personality.
- Book cover notebook — True style extends well beyond one’s wardrobe. This notebook is a great and affordable gift for the creative type on your list.
$30 and under
- Striped scarf — You can’t ever go wrong with a gorgeous, soft scarf. This is the ideal gift for the hard-tobuy- for guy and one that will get a lot of use over the winter season.
- Up-cycled sweater mitts — Scarf not his thing? Why not opt for a pair of locally made mittens? Made from up-cycled sweaters, this one-of-a-kind winter wear keeps hands toasty warm and makes a statement at the same time.
- MagnaTie — Who says office wear has to be boring? These printed satin ties from MagnaTie offer a unique twist on a classic holiday gift.
- Belt buckle — Like the printed tie, a graphic belt buckle is a great way to showcase personal style in an unconventional way.
- Duct tape wallet — An entire wallet made from duct tape… need I say more?
- iPhone case — We’ve all seen the plastic casings for iPhones, but these silkscreened cloth options take protection one step further and are perfect for stowing phones and other small electronics when tossed in a bag or briefcase.
$40 and under
- Cuff links — Printed with "Scotch" and "Soda," these are the perfect gift for the guy’s guy.
- Manitoba-themed T-shirt — These tees are a favourite of mine and never get boring. And if $40 is a bit out of your range, for 25 bucks you can bring in your own item for a Manitoba- themed print.
Got a suggestion for a future column or a fashion trend worth following? Email Connie Tamoto at firstname.lastname@example.org.