Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 8/2/2013 (1295 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Announcements for Faith Briefs must be in our office by Monday, 4 p.m., prior to the intended date of publication. Due to space restrictions, publication is not guaranteed. Please post information on website: http://wfp.to/events
- Worship + Imagination Symposium Feb. 9, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Canadian Mennonite University, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd. 204-487-3300, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.cmu.ca/wi.
- Providence University College public lecture series as follows (for the upcoming week): Animals in Biblical Literature: Musings on the Ethical Implications, Feb. 9, McNally Robinson Bookstore Community Classroom and Feb. 12, Eastman Education Centre, Steinbach; A Call to Reimagine Theological Directives for a Diaspora Church, Feb. 16, McNally Robinson Bookstore Community Classroom and Feb. 19, Eastman Education Centre, Steinbach; all lectures 7 p.m. Information: www.providenceuc.ca.
- Restorative justice and the Quaker peace testimony, three study sessions, Feb. 10 and March 10, 9:30-10:45 a.m., Centre for Christian Studies, 60 Maryland Ave., side door. Information: email@example.com.
- Endings and Beginnings a poetry service, Feb. 10, 10:30 a.m., First Unitarian Universalist Church of Winnipeg, 603 Wellington Cres.
- A faith- based support group for persons living with mood disorders offered by Mood Disorders Association of Manitoba and Living Room, Feb. 10 & 24, 5 p.m. Immanuel Pentecostal Church, 955 Wilkes Ave. The group meets on the second and last Sunday of each month, 955 Wilkes Ave., 5-7 p.m. Information: Lorna 204-296-2920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, Feb. 12, 5 p.m., The Parish Church of St. Luke, 515 Stradbrook Ave. $7, $20 per family.
- Ash Wednesday service, Feb. 12, 5 p.m. The Parish Church of St. Luke, Feb. 12, 5 p.m., 130 Nassau St. N. at Stradbrook Ave. Traditional Anglican Sung Eucharist with Imposition of Ashes.
- CMU Vespers Laudamus Auditorium, 500 Shaftesbury Blvd., Feb. 17, 7:30 p.m., March 17, 7:30 p.m. Free.
- Free concert featuring The SkyBlues Band, Feb. 17, 7 p.m., Zion Church, 305 Machray Ave. Sponsored by House of the Risen Son Ministries. Information: 204-582-1261.
- Dreams, Past Lives & Soul Travel - How These Can Help You in Everyday Life Feb. 21, 7:30 p.m., Louis Riel Library, 1168 Dakota St. Call 204-837-5915 or www.eckankar-mb.ca.