Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 26/4/2013 (1253 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Erin Propp, singer-songwriter
1. If your house were on fire, heaven forbid, what's the one item contained within that you would try to take with you? (People, pets and computers not included.)
Our living room rug. It's one of the only brand-new home items we bought and I think it's gorgeous. A nice rug (that one can buy without totally breaking the bank) is hard to find.
2. What's the one clothing/fashion item you can't live without?
Long johns. Seriously, I wear them all the time at home with a big sweater over top. I know, I'm so fabulous. Sometimes I even sneak out of the house with them on without pants over top if I'm just running to the store and won't be taking my parka off anyway. They aren't waffle-print, so no one would know.
3. What's your favourite knick-knack and why?
I don't know if this classifies as a knick-knack, but my blankie! I've had it since I was a baby. It's a faded yellow quilt that my mom's mom made for me. You can barely make out the print of the fabric anymore, and it's ripped, but it has gone so many places with me and is so soft.
4. What's the oldest thing you own?
A chair my dad refinished for me that belonged to his grandfather. It was built sometime between 1912 and 1917 in Stratford, Ont. My great-grandpa, the Rev. Pierce, used it in his office at Berean Church in Winnipeg.
5. Is there an edible item we'll always find in your pantry or fridge?
Cheese! Lately I have been preferring milder cheeses, and generally there are at least two types to choose from in our fridge.