Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 24/5/2013 (1335 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Tom Keenan actor, singer-songwriter
1. If your house were on fire, heaven forbid, what's the one item contained within that you would try to take with you? (People, pets and computers not included.)
My VT Nova guitar amp. Probably not worth much on paper, but I believe it was modified by Winnipeg electronics legend Gar Gillies. If you turn it up past two, it'll blow the roof off, and nothing else sounds like it.
2. What's the one clothing/fashion item you can't live without?
I don't have a clue, fashion-wise, so I rely on the judgment of others. I think it must be my dad's leather jacket, which he bought in London in 1968. It's all roughed-up from spills off his (motorcycle). Way cooler than I'll ever be.
3. What's your favourite knick-knack and why?
A translucent shadow puppet hanging in my office window that a friend brought back from China. His beard is made from some sort of real hair and he is inadvertently giving the "metal" sign with both hands.
4. What's the oldest thing you own?
My piano. It's a Bell, made in Guelph in 1924.
5. Describe your most beloved piece of furniture.
It's a '70s purple wrap-around couch in my living room. Covers two walls. Not exactly comfortable but really ties the room together, and garners me more compliments than anything except the jacket mentioned above. Unfortunately it sheds strange synthetic dust from its cushions, and I'll have to replace it soon.
6. Is there an edible item we'll always find in your pantry or fridge?
Let's hope so.