Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Ford Fusion is U.S. Green Car of the Year
The 2013 line of Ford Fusion vehicles was named Green Car of the Year at the opening of the LA Auto Show last week.
Green Car Journal chose the sedan for its low petroleum use, its low carbon dioxide emissions and its pricing, which the publication said could lead to the kind of sales "that can truly influence environmental improvement." The Fusion starts at $24,049.
The 2013 Fusion, which starts at $24,049, is available with various engine options, including a gasoline-powered model, a hybrid model that claims fuel consumption of 4.0L/100km city and 4.1 highway. and an upcoming plug-in hybrid called the Energi that gets the equivalent of 100 mpg (2.3L/100 km).
"This is a great testament for Ford," David Mondragon, Ford general marketing manager, said upon acceptance of the award. "We've moved our brand from laggards to leaders in fuel economy."
To win the award, the Fusion beat four other nominees: the Dodge Dart Aero, the Ford C-MAX, the Mazda CX-5 Skyactiv and the Toyota Prius c.
It was chosen by a panel of judges made up of environmental and auto experts, including the director of the Sierra Club, Jacques Cousteau's eldest son and Jay Leno.
The award went to the Honda Civic Natural Gas model last year and to the Chevrolet Volt the year before.
-- Los Angeles Times
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 7, 2012 E3
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 7 articles for this week)2:59 PM 0
HALIFAX - Nova Scotia's Liberal government is reconsidering its opposition to gasoline price regulation, Premier Stephen McNeil said Thursday as ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Incoming CEO of Canadian Tire sees 'new world' of retail, 'generational shift'
- Dealer of the Week
- Chrysler recalling 21,470 commercial vans to fix problem with headrests
- Toyota still ahead in Consumer Reports reliability rankings; Lincoln is biggest gainer
- Berkshire Hathaway buys network of car dealerships; Buffett says more car deals likely
- Ohio officials talking with Chrysler CEO about future of Jeep Wrangler production in Toledo
- Sensible shoes
- Auto sales surge in Canada, U.S.; growth moderate globally: Scotiabank
Ads by Google