Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 15/5/2014 (895 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers continue to tinker with their roster with training camp just over two weeks away.
The club announced Thursday the signing of three players, two Canadians and one American.
Coming aboard are:
- Defensive lineman Willie Moseley (6'5", 250 lbs., Buffalo) -- spent four years at Buffalo, switching between linebacker and defensive end. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by Tampa Bay in 2013 and worked out with the Toronto Argonauts briefly later that year when he came across current Bomber head coach Mike O’Shea.
- Offensive lineman Dale Stevenson (6'7", 290 lbs., Alberta) -- has had stints with the Edmonton Eskimos and Calgary Stampeders. He spent 2011 on the Esks’ practice roster and 2012 on the injured list before joining the Stamps briefly last June. While with Alberta, Stevenson played on both the offensive and defensive lines and appeared in the 2009 East-West Bowl As a senior he led Canada West with six sacks.
- Linebacker/long shapper Sean Blake (5'11", 205 lbs., Western) -- finished his senior season of 2013 at Western with 47 tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and one interception in nine games. Blake played linebacker at the CIS level but can also long-snap.
Rookies report for training camp on May 28 with main Bomber camp scheduled to start on June 1.
The Bombers will play two pre-season games – June 9 at home against the Toronto Argonauts and June 14 at Calgary – before opening the 2014 campaign on Thur., June 26 with a home date against the Argos.
Here is a schedule of the training-camp grind. (Please note all of the times are subject to change. Practice times are approximate only).
BLUE BOMBERS 2014 TRAINING CAMP OUTLINE
Wed. May 28 – Fri., May 30 (ROOKIE CAMP)
Sat., May 31
- Veterans report to camp for physicals and meetings.
The Bombers are scheduled to practice the following days/times. Please note, this is subject to change.
Sun., June 1: 7:50am – 12:20 p.m.
Mon., June 2: 7:50am – 12:20 p.m.
Tues., June 3: 7:50am – 12:10 p.m.
Wed., June 4: 7:50am – 12:20 p.m.
Thur., June 5: 7:50am – 12:30pm
Fri., June 6: 7:50am – 12:10 p.m.
Sat., June 7: TBA
Sun., June 8: 1:30 p.m. – 4:05 p.m.
Mon., June 9
- Toronto Argonauts at Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 7:30 p.m. CT, Investors Group Field (680 CJOB, TSN)
Tues., June 10: 3:00 p.m. – 5:20 p.m.
Wed., June 11: 7:50am – 12:20 p.m.
Thur., June 12: 7:50am – 12:10 p.m.
Fri., June 13
- Travel to Calgary
Sat., June 14
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Calgary Stampeders, 7:00 p.m. MT, McMahon Stadium, (680 CJOB, TSN2)
Sun., June 15
- Travel to Winnipeg (no practice)
Mon., June 16: 3:10 p.m.- 5:20 p.m.
Tues., June 17: 7:50am – 12:10 p.m.
Wed., June 18
- 9:40am – 12:10 p.m.
- 7:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (mock game)