The City of Winnipeg will keep spray pads open later in the evening, effective today.
Spray pads at 12 locations will operate until 9 p.m. instead of closing at 7 p.m., chief administrative officer Phil Sheegl told members of council via email.
On Wednesday, several councillors requested longer hours, due to the warm weather.
The locations are as follows:
- Central Park Spray Pad (400 Cumberland Ave.)
- Fort Rouge Spray Pad (295 River Ave.)
- Lindenwoods Spray Pad (414 Lindenwoods Drive West)
- Provencher Park Spray Pad (620 Rue Langevin)
- River East Spray Pad (1400 Rothesay St.)
- River Heights Spray Pad (1370 Grosvenor Ave.)
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool Spray Pad (644 Parkdale St.)
- St. Norbert Spray Pad (3450 Pembina Hwy.)
- Shaughnessy Spray Pad (75 Tyndall Ave.)
- Transcona Centennial Spray Pad (1101 Wabasha St.)
- Vimy Ridge Memorial Park Spray Pad (821 Preston Ave.)
- Westdale Spray Pad (550 Dale Blvd.)