Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/3/2013 (1529 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A fire in the upstairs room of a two-storey house forced the evacuation of four occupants, sending one to hospital.
Seven fire trucks responded to the blaze just after 6 p.m. Friday at 325 Provencher Boulevard in North St. Boniface.
"There was a fire that was well-involved by the time we pulled up," said Albert Sigfussion, fire platoon chief. "A lot of live fire and smoke coming out. Crews entered the building and were able to extinguish it in a quick manner."
The four people in the house, three women and one young boy, evacuated the building before the fire crews arrived. One women was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Sigfussion said it took crews about seven minutes to extinguish the blaze and it is now under investigation for cause and damages.