Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 02/20/2013 8:08 AM | Comments: 0
No one was injured during an early morning fire in Point Douglas today.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service District Chief Casey Lessard said the blaze was reported at a house at 82 Granville Street at about 3:30 a.m.
Lessard said at first firefighters went on the offensive to battle the fire.
"Once the fire began breaking out through the windows we went on the defence," he said.
Lessard said there is no damage estimate yet and no cause has been determined.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Woman charged in North End murder
Bumbling crook uses his head
Folklorama most popular summer fest: poll
Woman drank self to death, man says
How the seven mayoral candidates stack up so far
Mayoral candidate wants to lower voting age
Warm, wet weekend in store for Winnipeg
Mailbox sites anger residents
11-year-old conservationist gets meeting with polar bears
Accident closes Trans-Canada Highway near Virden
Big score for winner of CFL game 50-50 draw
Ottawa posts $1.15B deficit in April-May
Ottawa seeks to improve opioid prescribing
FIFA fines Argentina for protest banner
Dead toddler had CFS contact
5 killed in West Bank, amid new Gaza truce efforts
Police forced to moo-ve cows off highway
Walters needs to keep his eyes on the prize
Pot may be legal, but homeowner agreements can ban
Western wall a hurdle for Blue
Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
Holiday World plans new winged roller coaster
Judge denies Hernandez's request for dismissal
Transcript shows concerns during US execution
Lockout looms as Met contracts set to expire
Quakes shake southeast Alaska near Juneau
FIFA rejects calls to strip Russia of World Cup
'This is the reward for the work we do'
Russian execs fear lasting damage from plane crash
Temple happy to learn about return of urn
Ford Fest party to hit Toronto park tonight
McNuggets pulled from sale in HK after meat scare