Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 5/12/2012 (1364 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Drivers will need to take care on the highways and roads today as periods of freezing rain are in the forecast beginning late this afternoon.
The Trans-Canada Highway east from near Hadashville to Falcon Lake and the Ontario border is partly ice covered.
Drivers are urged to use caution if travelling north on Highway 9 between Winnipeg Beach and Gimli as well as Highway 10 north from Minnedosa as both are partly ice covered
So far, all other major highways appear to be bare or in normal winter driving conditions.
A cloudy day is expected with gusty winds of up to 60 km/h with a high of -1.
The freezing rain will end tonight but then some snow will be on the way as there is a 30 percent chance of flurries which will change to 70 percent overnight. The low will be -6.
On Thursday, more snow is expected with with a 70 percent chance of flurries in the morning. The temperature will be steady near -6.
You'll see the sun on Friday and Saturday but it will be colder with an expected high of -14 and a low of -20 both days with some snow on Saturday.
Remember to plug in your vehicle over the weekend as Sunday's high is -18 and low is -22.
The chilly days will continue on Monday with a high of -17 and low of -20. Tuesday will bring a 60 per cent chance of flurries with a high of -12 and low -18.