Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 15/9/2013 (1407 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
One man is in hospital suffering burns after a fire broke out in a downtown highrise.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service platoon chief Ted Kuryluk said today the man was rescued from his suite on the fourth floor of 120 Donald St. At about 8 a.m.
Kuryluk said the man was taken to hospital in unstable condition but he doesn't know how the man is now.
We do not know the cause of the fire," he said.
"It was not a kitchen fire."
Kuryluk said it was tough for firefighters to get up to the suite in the stairwell with the rush of tenants coming down from the 21 storey building.
Sixth floor tenant Alex Sibirtscv said he smelled smoke, then heard the alarm.
"I said to myself, you need to wake up," he said wearing his pyjamas and wrapped in a blanket outside as he headed back in.