Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Man, woman Manitoba’s first H1N1 flu deaths

  • Print

Manitoba has reported its first two deaths associated with the H1N1 flu virus.

Dr. Joel Kettner, chief provincial public health officer, made the announcement at a news conference at the Legislative Building this afternoon.

One of the victims is a man in his 40s from Winnipeg who had been hospitalized and had no known significant underlying health conditions, Kettner said.

The other is a woman in her 40s from the Nor-Man health region who had been hospitalized and had significant underlying health conditions.

The province also reported 74 new confirmed cases of H1N1 flu today, bringing the total in Manitoba to 226.

Dr. Brian Postl, president and CEO of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, told reporters that the number of suspected or confirmed H1N1 patients requiring ventilators in hospital is relatively unchanged at 31.

larry.kusch@freepress.mb.ca

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Premier, Mayor comment on CMHR opening

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • Young goslings jostle for position to take a drink from a puddle in Brookside Cemetery Thursday morning- Day 23– June 14, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)
  • JOE BRYKSA/WINNIPEG FREE PRESS Local-(Standup photo)- A wood duck swims through the water with fall refections in Kildonan Park Thursday afternoon.

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

Do you support Canada's involvement in the fight against Islamic State?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google