Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 2/4/2013 (1347 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A routine traffic stop Saturday afternoon on Henderson Highway produced a big haul of drugs.
Winnipeg police conducted a routine traffic stop at 2 p.m. Saturday in the area of Henderson Highway and Leighton Avenue. Officers observed what appeared to be drugs while dealing with the driver, Const. Jason Michalyshen said today.
Officers searched the vehicle, located and seized the following:
- 1340 grams powder MDMA (ecstasy) valued at $70,000
- 592 grams bulk crack cocaine valued at $38,000
- 8.5 grams powder cocaine valued at $850
- 500 x .5 grams crack cocaine individually wrapped valued at $25,000
- $5,060 in Canadian currency
- Two cell phones
- Total estimated street value of seized drugs $140,000
A 28-year-old man from rural Manitoba is facing charges of trafficking and possession of proceeds of crime. He was released on a promise to appear.