Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 03/23/2013 4:09 PM | Comments: 0
Two people are dead after a house fire Friday on the Wasagamack First Nation in northern Manitoba.
Police say the blaze was caused by careless cooking and is considered to be an accident.
Island Lake RCMP responded to the call of a house fire about 10 a.m. Friday. When they arrived the blaze was fully involved, police said in a statement.
Police were able to search the house after the fire was extinguished and discovered the two bodies.
RCMP say they believe they know the identities of the victims but are waiting for the post-mortem to be completed before making any confirmation.
Wasagamack is 280 kilometres southeast of Thompson.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Premiers, aboriginal leaders change tack
Free sneak peek advance tours of Human Rights Museum
Bombers hope to break ten-year Labour Day tradition
Nepinak calls for memorial to Hall
Gord Steeves wants to give Winnipeg's police drones
Two in custody after Sunwing flight disrupted
Woman hurt in collision dies; man to be charged
William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
'Cops' crew member killed in Omaha police shooting
John Lennon's killer sorry for being 'an idiot'
The NDP will launch a national inquiry into native women murders if elected
Bombers name four to hall of fame
Tim Hortons the conquering hero this time
Peace Corps program VP to stop by News Café
Newborn found in trash on ventilator; mom arrested
Police intercept mailed gun and ammo
Downtown gas leak closes streets, forces evacuation
Israeli premier, Hamas declare victory in Gaza war
B.C. man says others responsible for serial murders
Gun tourism grows in popularity in recent years
Paula Havixbeck unveils plan to deal with frozen pipes
Man dies in vehicle rollover
Mayoral wannabes spew clichés at forum
Museum rejects St. Germain
Libya's UN envoy warns of 'full-blown civil war'
Camper missing for three days found on remote road
U of W researchers involved in projects getting $5 million in funding
Canadians pay $500M+ a year for paper bills: report
Canada Post reports profit in second quarter
US official warns Ebola outbreak will get worse
Missouri governor names new public safety director
NHL says 'nothing new' on expansion
Inquiry on premiers' agenda
Fans roar for Katy Perry
Still some summer heat left
Judicial review useless for family
Fallon to lead honours as Leno wins top humour prize
Spanish chain pulls kids' shirt after outcry
Spy thriller leaves us unshaken, unstirred