Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 12/9/2013 (1016 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
The Forks Renewal Corporation, along with the City of Winnipeg, will host a discussion on the future of a controversial piece of downtown land later this month.
A public workshop is scheduled for Sept. 26 to discuss and develop a vision for the rail side and Parcel Four sites. The workshop will be held at the Manitoba Children’s Museum at The Forks on Sept. 26, starting at 6:30 p.m.
This will be the second public workshop on the 12-acre patch of vacant land. The first workshop, held in June, focused on prioritizing what a new public space should be and how it should be represented through development at the site.
The land is located across from the Canadian Museum for Human Rights and Shaw Park, is surrounded by the CN main line to the west, Waterfront Drive to the east and Provencher Boulevard and William Stephenson Way on the north, with the southern edge being Forks Market Road.
The northern part of the land (Parcel Four) is owned by the city. The Forks Renewal Corporation owns the southern section.
Space for the workshop is limited. Those interested in attending should RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the website (theforks.com/railside) for more information.