Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/11/2012 (1612 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A former student banned from Winnipeg Technical College went to the Henlow Bay campus Monday and allegedly assaulted three staff, students and police officers who arrested him.
A 28-year-old man faces a variety of charges, Const. Jason Michalyshen said Tuesday.
Michalyshen said the man had been enrolled as a student but was banned from campus for unknown reasons.
Late Monday morning, he went to the campus, Michalyshen said. "The accused was looking for a particular individual, but did locate a victim." Police won't identify either person.
Michalyshen said the suspect assaulted a 46-year-old man in the upper body.
A 16-year-old boy who tried to rescue the victim was also assaulted, as was a 38-year-old security guard.
"Students intervened to restrain the accused until police arrived," Michalyshen said.
Police arrested the man but "he continued to be aggressive. He continued to struggle with officers once he was arrested."
None of the men assaulted suffered serious injuries and no weapon was involved, Michalyshen said.
The man faces charges including assault and assaulting a peace officer -- the security guard and a police officer.
The Pembina Trails School Division referred all inquiries to Winnipeg Technical College, whose marketing and communications manager, Rae-Lynn Rempel, had little to add.
"He came through our back door and entered a program area," Rempel said.