Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 9/2/2013 (1236 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A 14-year-old Massachusetts boy died Saturday of carbon monoxide poisoning after warming himself in a running car while his father shovelled snow. Boston's mayor promptly issued a new warning of the perils associated with the massive Northeast blizzard.
The boy had been helping his dad shovel snow Saturday near the family's sedan, and hopped into the running car to warm up, Boston fire spokesman Steve MacDonald told The Times.
But a mound of snow had blocked the exhaust pipe, preventing the poisonous carbon monoxide from escaping, MacDonald said.
When firefighters arrived at the family's Boston home around noon Saturday, neighbors had already begun CPR on the boy, who they said had gone into cardiac arrest.
Meanwhile, the boy's father went into respiratory arrest, for reasons that were unclear, and both of them were taken to a local hospital, where the boy was declared dead, MacDonald said.
-- Los Angeles Times