The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 02/3/2014 11:25 PM | Comments: 0
Last Modified: 02/3/2014 11:26 PM
BEIJING, China - Chinese police said Tuesday they had captured a man accused of killing six people in a jealous rage on the eve of the Lunar New Year festival.
A local government spokesman said Shao Zongqi had been caught Monday after four days on the run. The 38-year-old is suspected of killing two men he believed were having affairs with his wife, along with the men's wives, two boys and an elderly man.
The killings took place Friday, the evening before the start of the Lunar New Year when families gather to feast, drink and set off fireworks. The victims and killer were residents of Yunnan province's Tengcheng county.
The Tengcheng government spokesman, who gave only his surname, Nang, said Shao carried out the killings with a semi-automatic rifle. Tight controls on guns and ammunition make the use of firearms in crimes relatively rare in China.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
CFS chaperone snoozes in hotel
Spotlighting women in sport
RCMP mum on dropped support of handbook
Global stocks down on recovery, Ebola worries
Elmwood student stabbed near school now in stable condition
Curtain rising on provocative, entertaining season on Winnipeg theatre stages
We're hoping for the Guggenheim effect
We're talking shopping here
Courting a championship
All's well that ends well
Dutch teen Verstappen set to become youngest in F1
Cool today, with risk of thunderstorm
Tropical Storm Simon forms in the Pacific
HK police warn protesters not to charge buildings