Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 3/2/2014 (904 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Two weeks after announcing a long-term review of the grain logistics system, federal Ag Minister Gerry Ritz said expanded reporting metrics would be pursued immediately.
Seriously backlogged grain shipments this year has heightened the need for an expedited review.
The proposed enhanced reporting will include:
- weekly railway fulfillment information;
- covered hopper car fleet size;
- terminal unload performance by railway;
- Western Canada railway grain traffic;
- U.S. grain traffic to Western Canada; and
- Western Canadian grain traffic shipped to port in containers.