Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 13/4/2014 (898 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Today's opening numbers:
Dollar 91.08 cents U.S.
- Today -- in Calgary, the Canadian Energy Research Institute holds its 2014 Oil Conference. In Regina, SaskPower tables its annual report. In Washington, the U.S. Commerce Department releases retail sales data for March and business inventories for February.
- Tuesday -- in Ottawa, Statistics Canada releases the monthly survey of manufacturing for February. In Washington, the U.S. Labor Department releases the consumer price index for March, the U.S. Treasury releases international money flows data for February and the National Association of Home Builders releases housing market index for April.
- Wednesday -- in Ottawa, Statistics Canada releases Canada's international transactions in securities for February and investment in non-residential building construction for the first quarter of 2014. In Washington, the U.S. Commerce Department releases housing starts for March and the Federal Reserve releases industrial production for March.
- Thursday -- in Ottawa, Statistics Canada releases employment insurance figures for February, the consumer price index for March and the travel between Canada and other countries for February. In Washington, the U.S. Labor Department releases weekly jobless claims and Freddie Mac, the mortgage company, releases weekly mortgage rates.
- Friday -- Canadian and U.S. stock markets are closed for Good Friday.
Business Plan: Analysis and Evaluation Women's Enterprise Centre of Manitoba, 100-207 Donald St., 204-988-1860, 5:30 p.m. $50.
Blogging For Business Manitoba Tourism Education Council, 75 Scurfield Blvd. Unit 3, 204-957-7437, 9 a.m. Complimentary.
PST: Intro to Provincial Sales Tax World Trade Centre Winnipeg, 219 Provencher Blvd., second floor, 9 a.m. Register: www.wtcwinnipeg.com/calendar-of-events or 204-984-2272. Free.
Advocis Winnipeg Spring Conference & Annual Meeting The Met, 281 Donald St., 8 a.m. Speakers and topics: Nathan Amor -- Having the 'How you pay me' Conversation, Michelle Desrosiers -- Peace of Mind with Estate Planning, Rick Forchuk -- Ready for Retirement? Not So Fast! The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Chris Geldert -- Building a Better Relationship with your Client's Accountant, Evelyn Jacks -- 2014 Tax Update. $125 members/new advisers, $75 students, $200 non-members.
Communicating with Civility, Credibility and Competence QNET, 660-175 Hargrave St., 204-949-4999, email@example.com, www.qnet.ca.
Building Better Board Bylaws & Board Manuals Best Western Charterhouse House Hotel, 330 York Ave., 9 a.m. with Priti Shah. Information: 204-477-5985. $125.
Business Networking International Accelerators Chapter luncheon/presentation, Winnipeg Winter Club, 200 River Ave., 11:55 a.m. $15.
Doing Business in Canada: A Guide for New Canadians World Trade Centre Winnipeg, 219 Provencher Blvd., second floor, 9 a.m. Register: www.wtcwinnipeg.com/calendar-of-events or 204-984-2272.
Effective Meetings: Agendas, Materials, Minutes, Rules of Procedure and More Best Western Charterhouse House Hotel, 330 York Ave., 1 p.m. with Priti Shah, Information: 204-477-5985. $125.
First Impression of Your Business Manitoba Tourism Education Council, 75 Scurfield Blvd. Unit 3, 204-957-7437, 9 a.m. Complimentary.
Managing a Virtual Workforce: How to Oversee What You Can't See Canad Inns Polo Park, 1405 St. Matthews Ave., 8 a.m. Register: www.embevents.ca or 204-945-8200. $25.
WIS Coaching: History and Perspectives Interpersonal Wellness Services Inc., 13-875 Gateway Rd., 6 p.m. with Joyce Odidison. Register: 204-668-5283 or www.iwsci.com. $350.
MHCA to host City of Winnipeg 2014 Capital Program presentation, 1155 Pacific Ave., Training Room A /B/C, 1 p.m. Register: Christine Miller at Christine@mhca.mb.ca or 204-947-1379.
Legal Duties and Liabilities of Boards: What Every Board Member Should Know Best Western Charterhouse House Hotel, 330 York Ave., 9 a.m. with Priti Shah. Information: 204-477-5985. $250.
Twitter for Business Manitoba Tourism Education Council, 75 Scurfield Blvd. Unit 3, 204-957-7437, 9 a.m. Complimentary.
The Free Press welcomes items for the Business Calendar. They should include the time, date, location and any sponsor and fees. Please enter your information at http://wfp.to/events. Items can also be mailed to Diane Pratt, Winnipeg Free Press, 1355 Mountain Ave., R2X 3B6, Winnipeg, MB, faxed to 204-697-7412 or emailed (without attachments) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit items is Wednesday.