Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 20/8/2014 (840 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
MBiz award finalists announced
THE 15 finalists for this year's MBiz Awards were announced Wednesday by the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce.
"The strength and depth of the Manitoba community is reflected in this year's finalists," said MCC president Chuck Davidson. "Each of these companies is focused on helping Manitobans and creating a business climate that will strengthen our economy and province."
The finalists are:
- Outstanding Small Business: Kinetic Machine Works Ltd., Talbot & Associates Professional Corporation, and the Paw Resort & Wellness Centre.
- Outstanding Medium Business: Gislason Targownik Peters, Imaginet, and Think Shift Advertising Inc.
- Outstanding Large Business: National Leasing Group, WOW! Hospitality Concepts and Stantec.
- Long Term Achievement Business -- Rural: Behlen Industries Inc., Border View Electric Ltd., and Samantha Klassen Dental Corp. (Winkler Dental Clinic).
- Long Term Achievement Business -- Winnipeg: Arctic Co-operative Ltd., Ceridian Canada, and Telpay Inc.
The winners will be announced Oct. 29 at Winnipeg's Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre.
Dr. Oetker eats up McCain pizza
TORONTO -- McCain Foods said Wednesday it has signed a deal to sell its North American frozen pizza business to Dr. Oetker GmbH.
Financial terms of the deal were not available.
The deal covers the Ellio's brand in the U.S. and a two-year licence for the use of the McCain brand in Canada. The company said pizza represents a small portion of its North American business and the move will allow it to focus on other areas.
The sale includes its operations in Grand Falls, N.B., and Lodi, N.J. The company said McCain employees at both locations will be offered employment with Dr. Oetker.
"McCain is committed to its employees, and Dr. Oetker's commitment to their continued employment was an important factor in the decision," McCain Foods president and chief executive Dirk Van de Put said in a statement.
McCain will keep its pizza pockets business in Canada as well as its pizza businesses outside of North America. The deal gives Dr. Oetker a significant boost in North America.
"The McCain business is a perfect fit for us and furthers our strategic goal of establishing ourselves as leader in the Canadian frozen-pizza market," said Richard Oetker, board chairman of Dr. Oetker.
The deal is subject to regulatory approval in Canada.
-- staff / The Canadian Press