The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION

'Grace of Monaco,' starring Nicole Kidman as star-turned-royalty, pulled from March release

  • Print

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - The Weinstein Co. says "Grace of Monaco," a biopic starring Nicole Kidman, won't be released March 14 as planned.

That's when the film about Grace Kelly, the actress who became royalty, was to be in theatres.

But the Weinstein Co. said Thursday that "Grace of Monaco" is off the release calendar and a new date has yet to be set. The company did not explain the decision.

The trade paper The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Director Olivier Dahan has been at odds with Weinstein over the film. The paper said Dahan publicly complained last fall that the company wanted to change "Grace of Monaco" against his wishes.

Last year, Monaco's royal family criticized the script, saying it presented a glamorized and inaccurate view of the late Princess Grace.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Kevin Cheveldayoff

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • A young goose gobbles up grass at Fort Whyte Alive Monday morning- Young goslings are starting to show the markings of a adult geese-See Bryksa 30 day goose challenge- Day 20– June 11, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)
  • PHIL HOSSACK / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS 060710 The full moon rises above the prairie south of Winnipeg Monday evening.

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

Do you agree with the province’s crackdown on flavoured tobacco products?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google