The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION

Revel casino bankruptcy auction scheduled for Thursday postponed a week to review offers

  • Print

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - The bankruptcy auction of the Revel Casino Hotel that was scheduled for Thursday has been postponed until next week because lawyers need more time to review the bids made on the casino.

Lawyers for the casino said in a court filing Wednesday night that they received multiple bids for the casino by the Monday deadline. The auction was rescheduled for Aug. 14 at 9 a.m.

Mayor Don Guardian said last month that there were six potential buyers for the casino, but none of the bids have been outlined.

Atlantic City's newest casino is in bankruptcy court for the second time in a little over a year. Executives say the $2.4 billion casino will close and fire its 3,200 employees if a buyer cannot be found.

Moelis & Co. LLC, the investment firm hired to find buyers, said in a court filing that it reached out to more than 130 parties, including gambling operators, hotel operators and other investors. The firm is also reviewing bids and researching buyer backgrounds, according to the description of its work included in the filings.

Judge Gloria Burns last month said she would approve bonuses worth a total of $1.75 million for executives at the casino if they manage to sell the property, which opened in April 2012.

The owners of the Showboat and Trump Plaza also have announced plans to close. Nearly 8,000 workers would be on the street if Revel closed, along with Showboat and Trump Plaza.

The Atlantic Club shut down in January, taken down by two rivals, stripped for parts and closed in the name of reducing competition, eliminating 1,600 jobs.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Sister of convicted killer speaks out after court

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • Goslings enjoy Fridays warm weather to soak up some sun and gobble some grass on Heckla Ave in Winnipeg Friday afternoon- See Bryksa’s 30 DAY goose challenge - May 18, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)
  • Someone or thing is taking advantage of the inactivity at Kapyong Barracks,hundreds of Canada Geese-See Joe Bryksa’s goose a day for 30 days challenge- Day 15- May 22, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

Who will you vote for in Wednesday's mayoral race?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google