The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION

CFB Petawawa soldier faces new charges in sex assault case; 16 alleged victims

  • Print

PETAWAWA, Ont. - Ontario Provincial Police have laid seven new charges against a soldier based at Garrison Petawawa in eastern Ontario in a sexual assault investigation.

Investigators charged Derrick Gallagher, 31, of Petawawa with eight counts of sexual assault and two counts of voyeurism on April 1, in an investigation that began on March 29.

Additional charges were laid late last month, and Const. Peter Robertson said on Thursday that seven new alleged victims had come forward, bringing the total to 16.

The new charges are sexual assault, five counts of voyeurism, and break and enter with intent to commit an indictable offence, and Robertson says Gallagher now faces 27 charges in total.

OPP say they are being assisted in the ongoing investigation by the Canadian Forces National Investigation Service.

Robertson says provincial police are encouraging any female who has had contact with Gallagher to contact investigators.

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

You can comment on most stories on winnipegfreepress.com. You can also agree or disagree with other comments. All you need to do is be a Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscriber to join the conversation and give your feedback.

Have Your Say

New to commenting? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press print or e-edition subscribers only. why?

Have Your Say

Comments are open to Winnipeg Free Press Subscribers only. why?

The Winnipeg Free Press does not necessarily endorse any of the views posted. By submitting your comment, you agree to our Terms and Conditions. These terms were revised effective April 16, 2010.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Glenn January won't blame offensive line for first loss

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • July 1, 2012 - 120701  -   Canada Day fireworks at The Forks from the Norwood Bridge Sunday, July 1, 2012.    John Woods / Winnipeg Free Press
  • Geese take cover in long grass in the Tuxedo Business Park near Route 90 Wednesday- Day 28– June 27, 2012   (JOE BRYKSA / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS)

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

What should the city do with the 102-year-old Arlington Street bridge?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google