Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 23/8/2013 (1006 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
TORONTO -- A food poisoning outbreak that sickened more than 150 people was likely caused by contaminated cronut burgers sold at the Canadian National Exhibition, public health officials said Friday.
Dr. David McKeown said officials have talked to more than 100 of those who reported getting sick and the only common food exposure they had was the cronut burger -- meat sandwiched between two pastries -- served by Epic Burger and Waffles.
"Early laboratory tests indicated that samples of the cronut burger were contaminated by staphylococcus aureas toxin," he said.
The bacteria produces a toxin that can cause nausea, vomiting and diarrhea in two to four hours. McKeown said the majority of healthy people will recover, but it can be serious for young children and the elderly.
-- The Canadian Press