Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Emergency landing for Edmonton flight
A flight heading from Edmonton to Mexico made an emergency medical landing Sunday morning in western Montana after encountering extreme turbulence that slightly injured two flight attendants.
A Sunwing Airlines spokeswoman said the Boeing 737 landed at Helena Regional Airport, a small hub unaccustomed to dealing with international travellers. The passengers got on a second plane and took off for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, about 11 hours after the first plane landed, airport officials said.
The captain had the seatbelt sign on during the turbulence, and no passengers were injured, the spokeswoman said.
-- The Associated Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 17, 2014 A11
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)07/23/2014 9:19 PM 0
CALGARY - A man said to be well known to police is in custody after trying to take an air ...
Photo Store Gallery
- RCMP charge Sen. Mike Duffy with fraud, breach of trust and bribery
- Ontario medical student, girlfriend among passengers of doomed Malaysian flight
- Conservative party president's 7-year-old daughter hit by minivan, killed
- Mayor of Montreal-area community dies after being stung by wasps
- Police investigate suspicious death at Pemberton, B.C. Music Festival
- Canadian teacher detained in Jakarta jail on accusations of child sexual assault
- Duffy accused of charging for personal trainer, makeup artist, funeral travel
- Big Lake Ontario shark hoax shows risks posed by viral marketing, experts say
- New report questions Canadian Ukraine election monitoring missions
- Cdns at odds with Harper gov't priorities: Finance Canada focus-group report
- Family of missing boy, grandparents won't give up on finding them alive
- Moms change diapers, Dads form leaders: Justice minister's emails to staff
- Calgary police confirm violent incident in case of missing boy, grandparents
- $20,000 per person:Activists push for guaranteed minimum income for Canadians
- 'We're lucky to have her in our lives;' baby survives crash that killed mother
- Suspect in case of missing grandparents and child to make court appearance
- Investigators bring in boat in search near Calgary-area acreage in missing family case
- Calgary police say there are other leads in case of missing boy, grandparents
- Police say search near Airdrie part of probe into missing Calgary residents
- Ex-wife of B.C. homicide victim says man conned her; both appeared on Dr. Phil
Ads by Google