Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Santa cop is coming to B.C. town
ABBOTSFORD, B.C. -- Prolific criminal offenders in Abbotsford, B.C., who have made the police department's naughty list will soon be getting a special Christmas greeting.
The front of a police department card shows Santa dressed in police tactical gear and carrying a machine-gun.
The message on the front asks, "Which list will you be on next year?" and inside, it tells the recipient it's never too late to make a better choice.
The card is signed by Abbotsford Chief Const. Bob Rich and his two deputy constables.
The card will go to those who have been arrested many times for property crimes and those who are known for drug and gang activity.
There's also a phone number attached to the card, which the offenders can call and leave their names and contact information to get help in making a life-changing choice.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 11, 2012 A4
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)10:44 AM 0
TORONTO - Air Canada is resuming flights to Tel Aviv after a two-day halt prompted by security concerns over rocket ...
Photo Store Gallery
- WestJet plane lands safely in Toronto after reporting engine trouble
- Sweeping report released on Toronto police encounters with those in crisis
- Cdn activists to lug jugs of water to Detroit in H2O march to help residents
- Calgary man reunited with his beloved little red Corvette named Betsy
- Fox gets famous after photographed sleeping aboard Ottawa city bus
- Man with air gun arrested at pro-Israel rally held at Calgary Jewish centre
- Canadian-Egyptian journalist, Al-Jazeera colleagues did the 'devil's' job: judge
- Charities may be asked for donor lists under CRA proposal floated by minister
- Defence minister to deploy frigate to Mediterranean for ongoing NATO mission
- Restrictions on transporting firearms to be eased under federal proposal
- Ontario medical student, girlfriend among passengers of doomed Malaysian flight
- Mayor of Montreal-area community dies after being stung by wasps
- Police investigate suspicious death at Pemberton, B.C. Music Festival
- RCMP charge Sen. Mike Duffy with fraud, breach of trust and bribery
- Canadian teacher detained in Jakarta jail on accusations of child sexual assault
- Duffy accused of charging for personal trainer, makeup artist, funeral travel
- Big Lake Ontario shark hoax shows risks posed by viral marketing, experts say
- New report questions Canadian Ukraine election monitoring missions
- Conservative party president's 7-year-old daughter hit by minivan, killed
- RCMP in New Brunswick completes investigation in python deaths, now with Crown
- Family of missing boy, grandparents won't give up on finding them alive
- Moms change diapers, Dads form leaders: Justice minister's emails to staff
- Calgary police confirm violent incident in case of missing boy, grandparents
- $20,000 per person:Activists push for guaranteed minimum income for Canadians
- 'We're lucky to have her in our lives;' baby survives crash that killed mother
- Suspect in case of missing grandparents and child to make court appearance
- Investigators bring in boat in search near Calgary-area acreage in missing family case
- Calgary police say there are other leads in case of missing boy, grandparents
- Police say search near Airdrie part of probe into missing Calgary residents
- Calgary police finish looking for evidence in missing couple's home
Ads by Google