The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
Texts of Mother's, Father's Day email MacKay sent to Justice Department staff
OTTAWA - The texts of a Mother's Day message and a Father's Day message sent to employees of the Justice Department this spring:
Mother's Day Message
As we take the time to celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend, I’d like to take this opportunity to recognize our colleagues who have two full-time jobs: as hardworking Department of Justice employees during business hours and as dedicated moms and caregivers around the clock.
Now as a father of an active toddler myself, I have a new appreciation for how busy and hectic a parent’s life can be. By the time many of you have arrived at the office in the morning, you’ve already changed diapers, packed lunches, run after school buses, dropped kids off at daycare, taken care of an aging loved one and maybe even thought about dinner. Yet you come to work every morning ready to make your contribution as a public servant for the benefit of all Canadians and their families. And for this, we are all thankful.
For all our colleagues who are mothers, or have mothers, I hope this weekend is full of love, appreciation and lasting memories!
The Hon. Peter MacKay
Minister of Justice
Father's Day Message
As we pause and take the time to celebrate Father’s Day this weekend, I wish to take this opportunity to recognize our colleagues who are not only dedicated Department of Justice employees, but are also dedicated fathers, shaping the minds and futures of the next generation of leaders.
Watching my young son grow, learn and change a little more every day, I marvel at the tremendous gift that my family and I have received. Yet, needless to say, it can also be daunting to consider the immense and life-long influence we have over our children. Our words, actions and examples greatly mould who they will become. We can only hope that the moments we spend teaching, guiding and loving them will sustain them throughout their lives.
From my family to yours, I hope you enjoy this special day with your loved ones, complete with lasting memories to be cherished.
The Hon. Peter MacKay
Minister of Justice
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 11 articles for today)9:06 AM 0
TORONTO - A new report says Canada's bail system is set up to punish innocent people because of an increasing ...
Photo Store Gallery
- RCMP in New Brunswick completes investigation in python deaths, now with Crown
- Survivor of plane crash, family of dead passenger still seeking damages from airline
- Canada's border agency had thousands of outdated lookout flags in system
- Protesters denounce Israeli offensive in Gaza, call on Harper to support peace
- Canada deports 20 members of Hungarian human trafficking syndicate
- Can you keep a secret? Edmonton couple reveals $50M lotto win after 7 months
- List of charities undergoing tax audits related to political activities
- Edmonton drug dealers handing out cocaine samples to potential customers
- Quebec woman who stopped for ducks appeals conviction
- Suspect in Calgary stabbings sent to mental hospital for assessment
- RCMP charge Sen. Mike Duffy with fraud, breach of trust and bribery
- Ontario medical student, girlfriend among passengers of doomed Malaysian flight
- Conservative party president's 7-year-old daughter hit by minivan, killed
- Mayor of Montreal-area community dies after being stung by wasps
- Police investigate suspicious death at Pemberton, B.C. Music Festival
- 'It's tough;' son of missing Calgary grandfather speaks after court
- Canadian teacher detained in Jakarta jail on accusations of child sexual assault
- Duffy accused of charging for personal trainer, makeup artist, funeral travel
- Big Lake Ontario shark hoax shows risks posed by viral marketing, experts say
- New report questions Canadian Ukraine election monitoring missions
- Family of missing boy, grandparents won't give up on finding them alive
- Moms change diapers, Dads form leaders: Justice minister's emails to staff
- Calgary police confirm violent incident in case of missing boy, grandparents
- $20,000 per person:Activists push for guaranteed minimum income for Canadians
- 'We're lucky to have her in our lives;' baby survives crash that killed mother
- Suspect in case of missing grandparents and child to make court appearance
- Investigators bring in boat in search near Calgary-area acreage in missing family case
- Calgary police say there are other leads in case of missing boy, grandparents
- Ex-wife of B.C. homicide victim says man conned her; both appeared on Dr. Phil
- Police say search near Airdrie part of probe into missing Calgary residents
Ads by Google