Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Thieves grab 400 tonnes of corn from farm
ST-LEONARD-D'ASTON, Que. -- You've heard of corn on the cob but what about corn on the lam?
Thieves using at least a dozen large trucks struck at a farm in central Quebec overnight Tuesday, making off with an estimated 400 tonnes of the product.
The farmer who owns the crop estimates the value of the theft at $140,000.
The unidentified farmer says the corn had been stored in silos at the farm located about 130 kilometres northeast of Montreal.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 12, 2012 A7
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)3:01 AM 0
TORONTO - A former Supreme Court of Canada justice is to release a report today from his investigation into the ...
Photo Store Gallery
- RCMP charge Sen. Mike Duffy with fraud, breach of trust and bribery
- Ontario medical student, girlfriend among passengers of doomed Malaysian flight
- Conservative party president's 7-year-old daughter hit by minivan, killed
- Mayor of Montreal-area community dies after being stung by wasps
- Police investigate suspicious death at Pemberton, B.C. Music Festival
- Canadian teacher detained in Jakarta jail on accusations of child sexual assault
- Duffy accused of charging for personal trainer, makeup artist, funeral travel
- Big Lake Ontario shark hoax shows risks posed by viral marketing, experts say
- New report questions Canadian Ukraine election monitoring missions
- Cdns at odds with Harper gov't priorities: Finance Canada focus-group report
- Family of missing boy, grandparents won't give up on finding them alive
- Moms change diapers, Dads form leaders: Justice minister's emails to staff
- Calgary police confirm violent incident in case of missing boy, grandparents
- $20,000 per person:Activists push for guaranteed minimum income for Canadians
- 'We're lucky to have her in our lives;' baby survives crash that killed mother
- Suspect in case of missing grandparents and child to make court appearance
- Investigators bring in boat in search near Calgary-area acreage in missing family case
- Calgary police say there are other leads in case of missing boy, grandparents
- Police say search near Airdrie part of probe into missing Calgary residents
- Ex-wife of B.C. homicide victim says man conned her; both appeared on Dr. Phil
Ads by Google