Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Third Grace patient dies after release
A third recent case of a patient who died soon after being discharged from Winnipeg's Grace Hospital has been reported.
Dianne Vincent, who was 70, was treated for a brain hemorrhage on Dec. 30, then released after two days and told she could fly home to Vancouver if someone accompanied her.
Vincent's family says the woman made the trip with a relative, but suffered another hemorrhage and died on the weekend.
The report says the family believes Vincent was sent home too early. The family is in contact with the head of patient care at the Grace.
The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority has not yet commented on Vincent's case, but is looking into the deaths of two men who died in December, shortly after being discharged from the Grace Hospital.
Each man was sent home by taxi.
Manitoba Health Minister Erin Selby has said the onus is always on medical professionals to make sure patients are ready to be sent home.
-- The Canadian Press
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 21, 2014 A3
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 37 articles for today)4:55 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- RCMP in New Brunswick completes investigation in python deaths, now with Crown
- Edmonton drug dealers handing out cocaine samples to potential customers
- Survivor of plane crash, family of dead passenger still seeking damages from airline
- Can you keep a secret? Edmonton couple reveals $50M lotto win after 7 months
- Protesters denounce Israeli offensive in Gaza, call on Harper to support peace
- Canada's border agency had thousands of outdated lookout flags in system
- Death of a Quebec mayor from insect stings underscores need to be prepared
- List of charities undergoing tax audits related to political activities
- Fruit from California recalled due to possible Listeria contamination
- Suspect in Calgary stabbings sent to mental hospital for assessment
- RCMP charge Sen. Mike Duffy with fraud, breach of trust and bribery
- Ontario medical student, girlfriend among passengers of doomed Malaysian flight
- Conservative party president's 7-year-old daughter hit by minivan, killed
- Mayor of Montreal-area community dies after being stung by wasps
- Police investigate suspicious death at Pemberton, B.C. Music Festival
- Canadian teacher detained in Jakarta jail on accusations of child sexual assault
- Duffy accused of charging for personal trainer, makeup artist, funeral travel
- Big Lake Ontario shark hoax shows risks posed by viral marketing, experts say
- New report questions Canadian Ukraine election monitoring missions
- Cdns at odds with Harper gov't priorities: Finance Canada focus-group report
- Family of missing boy, grandparents won't give up on finding them alive
- Moms change diapers, Dads form leaders: Justice minister's emails to staff
- Calgary police confirm violent incident in case of missing boy, grandparents
- $20,000 per person:Activists push for guaranteed minimum income for Canadians
- 'We're lucky to have her in our lives;' baby survives crash that killed mother
- Suspect in case of missing grandparents and child to make court appearance
- Investigators bring in boat in search near Calgary-area acreage in missing family case
- Calgary police say there are other leads in case of missing boy, grandparents
- Ex-wife of B.C. homicide victim says man conned her; both appeared on Dr. Phil
- Police say search near Airdrie part of probe into missing Calgary residents
Ads by Google